<$BlogRSDUrl$>

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
Mapquest Equality:

"Margaret Cho: I was on a radio talk show where an African American woman called in to caution me about comparing the Civil Rights Movement to the fight for gay marriage, but it isn’t like you can possibly conflate the two struggles. Injustice is injustice. It is that I wish to learn from example, for us to take the great strides made by African Americans in this country and use them like a map to take those remaining behind the lines of inequality to freedom."

I think there needs to be some recognition on her part that for many African Americans things have changed, but are a long way from being just. I am sure she agrees with this though.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



archives: