<$BlogRSDUrl$>

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
The Bellman: "For lots of Americans, it's very simple: 'they' are the enemy. Arab savages attacked us on 9/11, so we need to teach the bastards a lesson. No other analysis is needed; no other information will be allowed into the picture. When I spoke just now on radio about U.S. war crimes, I was told by a retired military man that 'many' of the Iraqis are just animals who need to be beaten down or exterminated (and, of course, that I am 'unamerican') -- he also says he is reading the Koran, on the 'know your enemy' principle. Another man, a Vietnam veteran, asked me why I was 'wasting time' talking about the crimes committed by his and my government."
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



archives: