<$BlogRSDUrl$>

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
ON THIS DAY | 7 | 1971: Swiss women get the vote: "
1971: Swiss women get the vote
Swiss women can now vote in federal elections and stand for parliament after a national referendum.

The official result shows 621,403 of the all-male electorate supported the vote for women and 323,596 were against."


323,596 were AGAINST IT! In 1971. This reminds me of when I was a lot younger and my younger brother was having trouble understanding his white privelage, and I had no words to express it at that time. For him, he thought racism was from a galaxy far far away and a long long time ago. I kept trying to get him to understand that its ugly claws were ingrained in current life. But hey, I was - like - 12 years old.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



archives: