<$BlogRSDUrl$>

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
God is for Suckers!: A what if question from our friend Dena

" 'So….we’re going to play a quick game of: “What IF.” What IF, the scripture in the Bible does come to pass; and all of what we have read in Revelations truly is fulfilled? I don’t doubt for a second that it all sounds completely insane; BUT…What IF?'

For my part, ignoring the fact that the many inconsistencies of the Bible make it logically impossible that it all be true, and playing along in relative seriousness, I hope I’d have the balls to go with something like this:

“OK, I was wrong. But I made the smartest and most rational choice available, and I tried to treat people with decency and compassion, and without irrational moralistic condemnation. Given that, if You (Big Invisible Daddy in the sky) decide to condemn me to eternal damnation for my choices, then that’s your choice, because you’re in driver’s seat. But if you do, you’re a small-minded, petty, vindictive asshole.”"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



archives: