<$BlogRSDUrl$>

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
The Tea Makers: About this web site

"My last 2 months of being locked in at the CBC have been surreal, to say the least. Part of it was my own fault for starting this blog, at times the only thing keeping me sane, and at times a booster shot of paranoia, fear, and doubt.

But I wouldn’t have had it any other way.

I’m still not sure what it all means. I’m not sure if I helped or harmed, if I was part of something substantial or just cheap entertainment. Part of me wants to keep going, and part of me wants to shut up. But all of me is tired.

Within hours you guys will be back inside. I think this is a good time for me to take a break, at least for the time being. I want my life back.

Maybe I’ll return, maybe not. Maybe my time is better spent trying to change things through my actual job, rather than by being a mystery gadfly.

I had to lie to a lot of people to keep this web site going. Quite a few of them are people I respect and admire. I caused them some real migraines and they wracked their brains trying to figure out what happened.

Sorry about that.

I want to thank everyone who took part in this spontaneous online conversation. Thanks for your honesty, and even for your dishonesty. I learned a lot from all of you.

I never expected anyone to read this web site. But when you came by the thousands I tried to step up and write something worth reading. It was way harder than I ever imagined it would be.

A lot of people are really curious about my identity, I know. They want to know what department I'm in, or where I fit into the food chain, if they have seen my face crossing the line, if I am made by a committee, or if I am even real. But if you read this all over again it’s obvious that I am real. I was always real, and all you ever got was me trying to tell it straight.

Because the truth is that I could be anybody.

That was the whole point."
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



archives: