<$BlogRSDUrl$>

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
The Chomsky Challenge (Aaron Swartz: The Weblog)
The Chomsky Challenge
When I cite the work of Noam Chomsky, as I occasionally do, people often write to inform me that Chomsky is a crazed liar, a fanatic, an America-hating monster. This surprises me as I've read a bunch of Chomsky's work and checked some of his most surprising claims and he invariably comes across as a very scholarly (sometimes to the point of absurdity) academic who simply presents some facts and then suggests the obvious conclusions they lead to.

Since the things I learn from Chomsky are drawn from his collection of the facts, the proper way to convince me that he's wrong is to find a factual error in what he's said.

I hereby offer $50 to anyone who can find an uncorrected material factual error in one of Chomsky's published political works.

Technorati tags:
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



archives: